Cedar + Needle Fabric
Spring Arizona Quilt Workshop-March 5th & 12th
This two-session workshop will teach you the basic techniques for cutting, pressing and sewing fabric, as well as how to use rotary cutters, rulers and mats. You will be guided step-by-step through piecing, stitching and binding to create your very own, one of a kind, hand-sewn throw quilt. This workshop is suited for an intermediate sewer who can thread a sewing machine, create a bobbin and comfortably sew in a straight line. Your sewing machine must be in good working order and you must be able to adjust stitch length.
Registered workshop participants receive 10% off Cedar & Needle fabric selected for use during the workshop.
// Materials and Equipment not included
Students are required to bring and learn using their own machines and sewing tools in good working order. Some additional tools will be on hand for use during the workshop, however we recommend investing in your own equipment for your future sewing projects. Homework may be assigned between sessions.
Required Equipment: (all supplies are available to purchase through Cedar and Needle)
• Domestic sewing machine in working order
• Straight stitch foot + darning foot (optional but helpful)
• Rotary cutter + mat + quilting ruler
• Seam ripper
• Sewing machine needle + spare needle (Universal needle, size 90/14 or 80/12)
• Straight pins, 25+
• Iron and ironing board
• Thread, 1 spool (100% cotton preferred)
• Bobbins 2 + spare
• Fabric will be selected and purchased at the workshop via Cedar & Needle at Bungalow 968 or at the workshop. 10% Discount on fabric will be offered for all supplies required for the workshop.