LEARN TO QUILT
Alanna Wilson – Cedar & Needle
3 – Session Workshop
November 6th, 13th & 20th
// 9:00 – 12:30
Our project-based Learn to Quilt workshop will show you how to get started in the timeless, handcrafted art of quilting.
This three-session workshop will teach you the basic techniques for cutting, pressing and sewing fabric, as well as how to use rotary cutters, rulers and mats. You will be guided step-by-step through piecing, stitching and binding to create your very own, one of a kind, hand-sewn throw quilt. This workshop is suited for an intermediate sewer who can thread a sewing machine, create a bobbin and comfortably sew in a straight line.
// Materials and Equipment not included
Students are required to bring and learn using their own machines and sewing tools in good working order. Some additional tools will be on hand for use during the workshop, however we recommend investing in your own equipment for your future sewing projects. Homework may be assigned between sessions.
• Domestic sewing machine in working order
• Straight stitch foot
• Fabric shears OR rotary cutter + mat
• Seam ripper
• Sewing machine needle + spare needle (Universal needle, size 90/14 or 80/12)
• Straight pins, 25+
• Fabric marker, chalk or pencil to trace on fabric
• Iron and ironing board
• Thread, 1 spool
• Bobbins 2 + spare
• Fabric to be selected and purchased prior to the workshop via Cedar & Needle at Bungalow 968